Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Beef Cheek Bourguignon

What, again with the beef cheeks? Well, yes, because I only used 2 out of the 4 pounds I had when I made the ragu. With that much work going into the preparation of the meat, I wanted to taste it two different ways.

I was thinking Beef Bourguignon, a la Julia Child. And as luck would have it, I found that Nose to Tail at Home had already done it with cheeks.

I followed the recipe provided by Elise at Simply Recipes, substituting the beef cheeks for the chuck. I don't think I've ever made a stew-y thing that required cooking the components separately, but for whatever reason, it worked.

Look at these onions:


And these absolutely gorgeous mushrooms!


And, the finished product.


Not so pretty, but, wow. Delicious.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Wow, that last picture tells me everything I need to know: That was a darn tasty meal. :)

Thanks for the link!

Vicki said...

Hey Ryan - Tasty, indeed! Thanks for the inspiration :)