Monday, April 11, 2011

Homemade Pretzel Rolls

Look! I finally got a Kitchen Aid mixer! It was on sale, a deal I couldn't pass up. So Husband said it was an early anniversary gift (thanks, baby!).

How did I pop my Kitchen Aid cherry? With homemade pretzel rolls, recipe courtesy of Stresscake.

I am in LOVE with this mixer. Dump everything in, turn it on, wash the dishes, and the dough is done. And it's a very nice dough, by the way - silky, not sticky.

My favorite part of making pretzels is dumping the baking soda into the boiling water - massive foam. A quick poach, a brush with egg, sprinkle with salt, and bake.

Easy peasy. They're great fresh out of the oven with some good Irish butter, and make great sandwiches when they're room temperature (salami, mustard, provolone!).

3 comments:

kirbie said...

Mmm, your pretzel rolls look gorgeous! I need to try making these.

Vicki said...

Hi Kirbie -
You should! So easy and delicious.

Desco said...

Those pretzel roles are awesome and easy. A cheddar jalapeno spread to go with them makes them crazy good.