Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pet Question

My chihuahua really hates her dry kibble. And the flavor or the brand doesn't matter, she just do not want. When I mix it with canned, she eats that, leaving the kibble. If I go so far as to smash up the canned stuff so it coats the dry food, she licks off every bit of canned food, even picking up the pieces and rolling them around in her mouth, then spitting them out.

She's not starving, she'll eventually eat the dry stuff if she's hungry enough.

But she loves Bad Kitty's dry chow, practically inhales it.

Question: Is it OK to feed a dry cat food (Purina) to a small dog?

2 comments:

Betts said...

What a smart little dog! You might want to consider feeding her a raw food diet. I'll bet she'd love it. I make it for my Welsh Corgi and plan to write a blog entry on it when I have to make it again in a week or so. I only make it once a month and freeze it. It's a bit cheaper than commercial food and a lot healthier. A good book to look at on the subject is Natural Nutrition for Dogs and Cats by Kymythy Schultze.

Vicki said...

Thanks, Betts, I'll look into it!