Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Still having massive quantities of pulled pork after the tacos, I decided to do BBQ sandwiches. I made a sauce of cider and white vinegar, juices from the pork roast, paprika, Louisiana hot sauce, brown sugar and salt, and mixed it into the pork. I can't give you a recipe because it took a lot of tweaking, and I have no idea how much of anything ended up in there.

I also made a cole slaw, because you have to have cole slaw with BBQ pork sandwiches. Again, no recipe, but the dressing consisted of cider vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard powder, and pepper. I let it sit overnight in the fridge to de-crunchify the cabbage.

And then stupid me forgot to buy hamburger buns, and I didn't feel like going back to the store. So I made buns using this recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride. They were absolutely delicious, but not really the soft pillowy buns I was looking for. They made good ham or roast beef sandwiches, though.

And here you go.

I still need to tweak the sauce a little. It was good, but I know my friend James was looking down at me from his cloud telling me I was doing it wrong.

I still have more pork left...

4 comments:

A Tuscan Foodie in America said...

Pulled pork sandwiches are one of those things that at first I hated, but that are slowly growing on me...

The buns look good!

Vicki said...

It's funny how our tastes change over time. I can hardly believe I was a vegetarian once!

A Tuscan foodie in America said...

True, they change. I hated fish until I was 24. Now I love it.

How long have you been a vegetarian?

Vicki said...

Was veggie for a year in high school, then 2 years about 9-10 years ago. Bacon did me in.