Sunday, February 17, 2008

Post #89 - Granola Bars

Last evening I made these Granola Bars, courtesy of The Kitchen Sink.

I didn't have any flax seeds, so substituted sunflower seeds. I also didn't leave the almonds whole, but cut them in half (I love my kitchen scissors).

The only problem I had with this recipe was that the bars refuse to hold together, which is probably because I used the minimum amount of liquid (1/4 each of honey and peanut butter). I'm not really complaining, because the crumbles are excellent with milk poured on top.

My entire house smelled wonderful from the toasting nuts/seeds/coconut, and the flavor of these granola bars is better than anything storebought. I'm definitely going to try this again, but with increased binder amounts. I may actually turn into a breakfast person because of these.

1 comment:

test it comm said...

Making your own granola bars sounds like fun.