Saturday, September 29, 2007

Post #23 - Panko Breaded Zucchini and Eggplant

I love zucchini. I hate eggplant.

Wait...maybe I don't hate eggplant...maybe it just needs to be coated in panko breadcrumbs and fried.













Panko Breaded Zucchini and Eggplant


Ingredients:
Zucchini
Japanese eggplant
Flour
Egg
Panko breadcrumbs
S&P
Oil for frying

Directions:

Slice zucchini and Japanese eggplant lengthwise about 1/4" thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Dip in flour, tapping off excess. Dip in egg, draining away excess. Coat with panko breadcrumbs.

Heat vegetable/canola oil, about 1/8" deep in a large skillet. You might want to heat the oil while you're doing the breading part, because the breading will get soggy if left to sit too long.

Fry the breaded veggies in the oil until nicely browned on both sides.

I liked these with tzatziki sauce, my husband used soy sauce. We were practically fighting over who got the last eggplant slice...

No comments: