Monday, August 2, 2010

Crispy Fried Trotters

First off, let me apologize for this photo. It's underlit. The composition sucks. Hey, at least it's in focus.
What is it? A fried pig's foot. I basically gave it the same treatment as the pig's tails I did before, but omitted the first deep-frying step. So - boil, dry, dust with flour, fry, salt.

Success? Depends. I thought this would be as glorious as the tails, but sadly, it wasn't. Feet just don't have as much meat on them. The crispy skin was wonderful, but there was too much gooey stuff inside that got a little weird from the frying. I guess Michael at A Dash of Stash was right when he said "I prefer them soft".

6 comments:

A Tuscan foodie in America said...

Hey, I am all in favor of eating nasty stuff. I have eaten octopus alive, dog's meat, snake. But a pig's foot?

Why?

Vicki said...

Hey TFIA - I actually have a video of my Hubby eating live octopus. Have you not been converted by @mstashwick? Pigs' feet are tasty.

A Tuscan foodie in America said...

there is something inherently wrong in a sentence were "feet" and "tasty" go together...

Joanne said...

You are super adventurous with food lately! I'm impressed.

Christo Gonzales said...

hook me up - this is my kind of grub!

Vicki said...

TFIA - Perhaps. I never said I was normal.

Hi Joanne - Thanks! Just having fun.

DB - Good to see a kindred spirit :)