Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Artichokes!

I bought 2 massive artichokes, and the next day, I was gifted with 4 more. Ack! Artichoke overload!

Of course, I steamed the first one. It was so good that I didn't even bother with butter or mayo for dipping. For the second, I packed some garlic cloves into the choke, and roasted it.

Roasting an artichoke gives it a whole different flavor. Very good.

For the 3rd, I roasted it, then diced the heart and mixed it with ricotta, garlic and parmesan. Not my favorite, but I think that was because my ricotta wasn't top quality (kinda grainy).

The remaining three? I steamed them, trimmed, wrapped the hearts in foil, and chucked 'em in the freezer. A girl can only handle so many artichokes in 3 days time.

2 comments:

kellypea said...

Happy Tastespotting artichoke to you :)

Vicki said...

Thanks, Kelly!