Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Post #25 - How Many Cookbooks Do You Own?

So this is my attempt to de-lurk any lurkers. Assuming I have any.

How many cookbooks do you have?

I have 71. Plus 6 in languages other than English (3 French, 1 Italian, 1 Hungarian, 1 Thai). Plus 3 books that are about food, not recipe books (Cod by Mark Kurlansky, The Physiology of Taste by Brillat-Savarin, and Cooking for Kings, The Life of Antoine Careme, the First Celebrity Chef, by Ian Kelly). Oh, and there are about 5 more in my garage waiting for someone to buy them on half.com.

Some of the 71 are "limited edition" plastic-spiral-bound church cookbooks, self-published from the deli around the corner, etc.

How many have I actually cooked something from? I'd guess about 20. My favorite that I haven't yet cooked from (er...from which I haven't yet cooked, grammar y'know) - Silver Spoon. How many are on my want-list? Lots.

So, tell. Please. How many cookbooks do you have?

1 comment:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

I don't have that many cookbooks, but I do have Kurlansky's Salt and A Basque History of the World. :)