Monday, October 29, 2007

Post #32 - Butter Chicken

A while back we were in Monrovia CA, and stopped at Dogwoods. I love that place. Beautiful fruits & veggies, much cheaper than any grocery store. They've got produce I have a hard time getting here, like fresh fava beans, Persian cucumbers. And their canned/packaged stuff - imported from all over the world. I picked up a package of Israeli couscous and a jar of pickled turnips, in addition to tons of produce. They also have an "Indian" section of spices, spice blends, etc. I was kind of overwhelmed, and I settled on this spice blend for butter chicken.

















The instructions on the back are a little vague - "Marinate chicken for 30 minutes." Marinate in what? "Add water." How much? Oh well. So I dutifully mashed up my tomatoes and onions, cut up my chicken, and pulverized cashews. Cooked the chicken with the tomatoes & onion for about 10 minutes, added the cashews, spice blend, and a little water, cooked for about 15 minutes more.

















OMG this stuff is HOTHOTHOT! (That's not to say I didn't like it, I like it very much, thank you.) I'm seriously thinking about cooking up another chicken breast and adding it to what's left to cut down on the heat.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: