Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Post #33 - Kale Chips and Pumpkin Seeds

I love fall. Cooler weather, leafy greens, soups, breads, cookies.

Today I gutted a pumpkin and roasted the seeds. Took Elise's tip of boiling them in salted water for 10 minutes, then roasting with olive oil (I added paprika). Yum.

I also made kale chips, with kale I had leftover from soup I made (kale, andouille and potato). Husband doesn't like them - more for me!











Oh - and you know how everyone always says to line your baking trays with foil? For some reason, I never did until today. I have no idea why I waited so long, and I'm kicking myself for it. My baking sheets have always had baked-in grease spots (olive oil, pork fat, etc) that won't come out no matter how long you scrub. If I had only listened to the voices of reason...

No comments: