Saturday, November 3, 2007

Post #34 - New Stove!

We have a new stove. Old one was probably the one that came with the house when it was built in 1978.




















A little over a week ago, the element in the lower oven decided to burn out. Bright sparking white fire slowly moving across the element. Had to flip the breaker to get it to stop, because the off-knob decided to not work. Pretty scary.

So here's in-process. The walls were mustard-yellow behind there. (Better than butterfly wallpaper, I guess.)




















And here's my new stove & new microwave:




















And, bonus! - The oven has a "Sabbath Feature". You can program it to cook stuff later, so you don't have to do any work on the Sabbath. I almost want to convert.
















I'll stop here. I mean, what can you say that can possibly follow the Sabbath Feature?

3 comments:

Brilynn said...

How I wish I could have gotten a new stove! I hate this one, I almost wished the whole thing had died with the oven element.

Gretchen Noelle said...

This is a riot! I would love to replace my appliances and the thought that stoves do this is just one more reason! I would love my appliance to cook for me!

Vicki said...

Now I just have to figure out how to get it to do the grocery shopping for me...