Thursday, November 8, 2007

Post #35 - Acorn Squash

Acorn squash is one of those things I know I should like, because they're good for me. Like eggplant. And Bloody Mary's. But, try as I might, I just can't make it taste good. (I've solved my eggplant problem, however. See here.)

So I found a recipe on Epicurious for Roasted Acorn Squash with Chile Vinaigrette. The comments were overwhelmingly favorable, and chile-lime makes practically everything taste good, so I thought I'd give it a shot.











It's certainly pretty. But I still didn't like it (neither did hubby). On the bright side, the 16 17-year-old said it was good.

1 comment:

test it comm said...

Looks good. The recipe sounds interesting with the sweetness of the squash and the spiciness and sourness of the dressing. I have not picked up an acorn squash yet this season...