Thursday, November 29, 2007

Post #41 - White Bean and Tomato Dip, and a Rant

I made this recipe from What Did You Eat? for Herb Pita Crisps and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip just now. It's wonderful. I also have lamb-feta burgers refrigerating, tzatziki sauce mellowing, and spicy green chutney doing whatever it does.

However, no pictures because I just got a call from my doctor - the x-ray of my knee showed evidence of fluid buildup. I'm supposed to rest the leg, elevate it, ice it for 20 minutes out of every hour when it hurts, and compression-wrap it if I have to move around.

WTF? I never realized how much I move around until I had to make a conscious effort not to. And what about work? It would be lovely if I could sit at my desk all day (with my leg elevated, of course), but there's no way in hell that's going to happen.

Getting old sucks.

No comments: