Catching up on my backlog of food magazines, here are my picks from the May 2009 issue of Food & Wine:
- Tangy Red Pepper and Nut Dip - otherwise known as muhammara, I love the stuff, and haven't made my own in quite some time.
- Scallion and Pecan Crusted Catfish with Hominy Stew - turnips, carrots, pancetta, scallions, hominy and catfish. What a melange!
- Clams with Pork and Golden Garlic - I've always read about mixing pork with clams, but never had it until just last week. Can't wait to experiment more, and this recipe sounds like a good place to start.
- Shoyu Ramen - I love me some ramen, but have yet to make my own from scratch.
- Vaca Frita - or Crispy Beef (literally fried cow), closely related to ropa vieja, but with happy crispy bits.