Yup, still behind in my food mag summaries. I just can't seem to catch up with anything these days.
- Pasta with Fried Peppers and Bread Crumbs (or Pasta con Peproni Cruschi e Mollica Fritta) -Want now. Will have to find a friend to smuggle in peperoni cruschi di Senise from Basilicata.
- Stewed White Beans (or Etli Kuru Sasulye) - I love stewed beans. And I love lamb. Enough said. Wait, not quite. There's chiles de arbol and Aleppo pepper too. This recipe alone makes me want to live in Turkey.
- Stir-Fried Iceberg Lettuce (or Shoon Chow Saang Choy) - I know I keep saying it, but cooked lettuce is surprisingly good.
- Catfish Simmered in Caramel Sauce (Cá Kho) - I keep reading about caramel sauce. I want!
- Sizzling Rice Crepes (Bánh Xèo) - I think I want to try these at a restaurant first before attempting my own. But damn, they look good.
- Pork Hocks Simmered with Bamboo Shoots (Giò Heo Hàm Măng) - The last two times I had bamboo, I couldn't breath very well for a while (stupid allergies). But this looks so tasty, I might have to try anyway.