Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lamb Kofta Curry

Back when I had promised to make lahmajun for my friend, I had such a hard time finding ground lamb, that when I did, I bought a bunch. I stuck it in the freezer and promptly forgot about it.

Not too long ago, when I was searching for something else, a package of ground lamb jumped out of the freezer and landed on my foot. So I decided to make this Lamb Kofta Curry that I found over at Gel's Kitchen.




I tweaked the recipe a little, cutting back on the onion in the meatballs slightly, adding some cayenne to the curry, and blitzing the sauce after it was cooked with my immersion blender, since I decided at the last minute that I wanted it smooth, not chunky.

Served with jasmine rice, and boiled-then-sauteed kale with garlic and hot pepper flakes. Not very photogenic. But tasty.

No comments: