Thursday, September 8, 2011

Green Truck SD

Continuing on with my exploration of San Diego food trucks, next up is Green Truck.

They've got trucks in LA, SD and New York, and provide organic food, prepared (according to their website) in solar-powered kitchens. Here's their mission statement:

And look, they run on veggie oil!

This was the menu the day we visited.

You guys know me, I wasn't about to get a vegan burger or a beet salad. I opted for the grass-fed burger with aged cheddar, chipotle sauce, tomato and mixed greens.

And you know what? AWESOME burger. It was pink in the middle! The chipotle sauce added a bit of tang, the bun was nicely toasted, and the cheddar melted nicely. I can't wait until they're back in my area, because I need to try their hand-cut sweet potato chips!

No comments: