Thursday, February 26, 2009

Saveur, March 2009

The cover of March's Saveur looks soooo tasty! Ribs, ribs, and more ribs. But, the ribs aren't what caught my eye once I opened the magazine. Here's what I've bookmarked:
  • Gulyás - Real Hungarian gulyás (or goulash). I've watched my Hungarian friends* make it, and this recipe comes really close.
  • Skirt Steak with Artichoke and Potato Hash - I'm not sure I'd call this hash, as the pieces of potatoes and chokes are rather large. But it does sound tasty.
  • Greens and Artichokes Stew - The poppy seeds and sumac is what got me on this one. The serving suggestion is rather strange, however - "serve remaining broth on the side". ¿Qué?
  • Hijiki Namasu - or pickled seaweed salad. I love seaweed salads. Especially with octopus. But, erm...I guess that would be a totally different recipe than this one.
As always, if you make any of the above, let me know how it turns out!

* I've been friends with these folks for about 8 years, and my Hungarian still sucks. However, I do know that "szia" is hi, "sur" is beer, and "szalonna" is bacon. What more do you need, I guess.

No comments: