Monday, August 4, 2008

Fried Rice (Again!)

It was a clean-out-the-fridge kind of day. Therefore, fried rice.















Cook bacon. Crumble. Drain grease.
Heat skillet on high. Add vegetable oil. Saute red onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, and a few chiles de arbol.
Add cold leftover rice. Mix, stir, let sit, etc. Add soy sauce, and my secret ingredients, a little Chinese black vinegar and some oyster sauce. Mix, stir, let sit, repeat.
Add frozen peas, green garbanzos and cooked bacon. Mix some more. It's ready when you get some crusty rice bits, or when you're too hungry and it's too hot and you can't stand to be over the stove any longer.
Serve with additional soy sauce and Sriracha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pefect!

Some days we have to work with what's in the fridge and this was a great option.

For me last night it was eggs and EVERYTHING out of the fridge!

Vicki said...

Hi NP - I'm a firm believer that most times what you throw together haphazardly turns out the best :-)

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Who doesn't love fried rice? I could eat that whole bowl right now. (I'm starving!)

Vicki said...

Hi Susan -
I love fried rice because it's different every time I make it! And it's good with bacon. :-)