After seeing tons of clafoutis all over the blogworld, I finally decided I had to make one. Or, in this case, four. I had picked up a set of four cast iron ramekins for only $10 about a year ago, and I've only used them once, for a baked spinach and egg dish. While they do look nice stacked on my counter, they were begging to be used.
When I came across Eric Ripert's recipe for raspberry clafoutis, I decided that was the recipe to go with, not because I trusted it (what do I know about clafoutis?), but because his ramekin looks like mine!
Unfortunately, however, his clafoutis most definitely does not look like mine. I think mine were confused, and thought they were supposed to be souffles. Or because I left them in the oven a little too long, they decided to try to escape.
Speaking of confused clafoutis, I'm unsure of the correct spelling. "Clafoutis" gives 909,000 Google results, but "clafouti" only gives 187,000. But Ripert spells it "clafouti". And Wikipedia says "clafouti, sometimes spelled clafoutis". I think I'll just make sure to keep it plural, that way I won't have to worry about it.
In the end, it didn't really matter how much I screwed up, because my wanna-be clafoutisouffles sure tasted good.