Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Baby Watermelon

MIL came home with a baby watermelon the other day. Isn't she cute?















It's almost seedless (only a few white ones), with a slightly less-sweet flavor than full-sized watermelons. The skin is thinner, and the flesh doesn't taste bitter as you get near the rind.

Unfortunately, like the baby cantaloupe...I'm allergic. Damn.

Update 2/23/09: I have now found 2 other people with watermelon allergies, a co-worker's girlfriend, and my grandfather. At least I now know that I'm now insane, that people really can be allergic to watermelon.

5 comments:

Kitt said...

Well that's unfortunate! It's such a cute little thing.

Betts said...

It is cute. I tried to grow these, but mine split when they got about baseball size. I think infrequent watering was the culprit.

Vicki said...

Hey Kitt - I'm used to it :-)

Hi Betts - I think if I tried to grow them, they'd turn out perfect, simply because I can't eat them :)

ICook4Fun said...

Hi Vicki, thanks for stopping by at my blog. I like water melon but hardly buy any as hubby is not a fan of it.

Vicki said...

Hey IC4F -
I wish I had that problem - I swear my family buys watermelon just to torment me!