Sunday, October 19, 2008

Baked Zucchini Potato Frittata

This dish was created out of the need to use one lonely zucchini in my veggie drawer, and some potatoes hiding in a cool, dark place.

1 zucchini, shredded, squeezed as dry as possible
1 russet potato, shredded
1/2 - 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced fine
3 slices bacon, chopped
4 eggs, beaten
salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc.

Mix everything together. Season. I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, some Cavender's, and some Vegeta. Dump in a casserole dish, and bake at 375 until set, somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes, I wasn't keeping track.

You could replace the green onion with regular onion, the bacon with ham, spice it differently (maybe curry or smoked paprika), add fresh herbs, etc.

Stumble Upon Toolbar


Alecto said...

I love 'somewhere between 30 and 60 minutes, I wasn't keeping track.'

I can't tell you how many times people look at me dumbfounded because I have no idea how long I left something in the oven (until it's done, right?)

Vicki said...

Hi Alecto -
Exactly! "Until it's done", "until it smells good", "before it burns", etc. :)

valleywriter said...

Yum - this looks delish! It sounds like a great way to meld my hubby's love for bacon with my preference for something at least a little healthy (it has zucchini - it has to be good for you!).

Vicki said...

Hi valleywriter -
And the eggs have protein, the cheese has calcium, and the potato has...vitamins of some sort :)