Here are my picks from the January 2009 issue of Bon Appétit:
- Pâté de Campagne - because I've never had pâté before, and wrapping it in bacon sounds like a good way to start.
- Country Ham and Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwiches - pork on a biscuit always tastes good.
- Skillet Greens with Crispy Shallots and Cider Gastrique - sounds like a fancy mess o' greens, and I do love me some greens.
- The entire Anything with an Egg on Top section -
- Pizza with Eggs, Roasted Red Peppers, Olives, and Arugula - yes, pizza with egg. No, it's not weird.
- Eggs Benedict Salad - a healthier twist on the original, and you still get the hollandaise.
- Fettuccine Carbonara with Fried Eggs - for true egg lovers only, egg pasta with egg sauce, topped with fried eggs. I can feel my cholesterol rising just reading the recipe.