Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mustard Cheddar Crackers

I had a block of cheese in the fridge that got hidden in the back of the cheese & butter drawer for who knows how long. Amazingly enough, it was mold-free, so I decided to make crackers, using this recipe from Epicurious.

My block of cheese was Colby-Jack instead of the cheddar in the recipe. I left out the mustard seeds, because I figured (correctly) that dry mustard and Dijon mustard would be mustardy enough. I also rolled the dough log in cracked black pepper before chilling it.

I have this problem waiting for butter to soften, so I used a masher-thingy that MIL brought home. It worked passably well. Look, cheeseworms!

Verdict? Very rich, nice flavor. Perfect for using up a hunk of found cheese.

Stumble Upon Toolbar


Kitt said...

Mmmm ... cheeseworms ....

Nice crackers!

Bob said...

Those look wicked good. I've never made crackers, I'll have to try it out.

Vicki said...

Hi Kitt - Thanks!

Hi Bob - Crackers are just like cookies, easy-peasy.

Ari (Baking and Books) said...

Mmm, those look delicious and immanently munchable. Happy New Year!

Vicki said...

Hi Ari - Thanks! And Happy New Year to you!