Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mustard Cheddar Crackers

I had a block of cheese in the fridge that got hidden in the back of the cheese & butter drawer for who knows how long. Amazingly enough, it was mold-free, so I decided to make crackers, using this recipe from Epicurious.















My block of cheese was Colby-Jack instead of the cheddar in the recipe. I left out the mustard seeds, because I figured (correctly) that dry mustard and Dijon mustard would be mustardy enough. I also rolled the dough log in cracked black pepper before chilling it.

I have this problem waiting for butter to soften, so I used a masher-thingy that MIL brought home. It worked passably well. Look, cheeseworms!















Verdict? Very rich, nice flavor. Perfect for using up a hunk of found cheese.

5 comments:

Kitt said...

Mmmm ... cheeseworms ....

Nice crackers!

Bob said...

Those look wicked good. I've never made crackers, I'll have to try it out.

Vicki said...

Hi Kitt - Thanks!

Hi Bob - Crackers are just like cookies, easy-peasy.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, those look delicious and immanently munchable. Happy New Year!

Vicki said...

Hi Ari - Thanks! And Happy New Year to you!