Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm a Bad Blogger

It's not that I haven't been cooking, I have. Kind of. I just can't seem to take a decent picture.

So, here's a rundown of what I've been making lately, using photographs that I didn't take (with one exception).

I made fresh garbanzo beans with chili garlic sauce, using the sauce from the Chili Garlic Edamame recipe from 28 Cooks. The flavor was good, of course (it's the only way I make edamame), but the garbanzo pods were kind of a pain in the butt to eat that way.















I made Japanese curry with tonkatsu, using Eat a Duck I Must!'s recipe and Bull-Dog tonkatsu sauce. Hubby used Country Bob's All-Purpose Sauce. They taste amazingly similar.





































I made a sandwich with an everything bagel, salami, American cheese, and an overeasy egg. Obviously not the sandwich in the picture, but I like that picture. And it was a great sandwich too.

















I made a chicken rogan josh, using a packaged Tasty Bite sauce, served with sauteed Swiss chard leaves. It was ok, but I've had better packaged sauces, notably Tean's Chicken Curry Paste from Asian Supermarket 365, which I posted about here. With the Swiss chard stems, I did my go-to "Chinese" stir-fry, and had it over rice for lunch.




















I made Gramercy Tavern's Gingerbread. But I goofed and sugared the pans instead of floured them, and the weather was all weird, so the breads deflated and stuck to the pans. Still tasted good, though.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Bob said...

Not being able to get good pictures can be very frustrating. I have several folders full of crappy picture series that I'm holding onto for extreme emergencies. All that stuff sounds good though, I'm intrigued by "all-purpose sauce".

Vicki said...

I gave up saving bad pictures, don't have enough room on my hard drive :) The sauce is good, kind of like A-1, but a little less tangy.

Betts said...

You must be suffering from photographer's block. I always love your photographs. I hope you have a breathrough soon.

Vicki said...

Thanks, Betts! Me too :)

RecipeGirl said...

Ha- at least you're honest. Getting good pics can be super frustrating, and sometimes you're just not into it anyways. No biggie.

I like that Bob's sauce on a hamburger with a slice of pineapple. Yummy!

Vicki said...

Hey RecipeGirl - Now I'm craving burgers. Time to break out the grill!

Darius T. Williams said...

Wow - you have been cooking up some stuff - looks good. AND, I totally know what you mean about decent pics!

Vicki said...

Hey Darius - At least I don't have to deal with video - too scary!