Saturday, November 15, 2008

Apple Cheddar Muffins

I had a couple apples on their last legs (hee! apples with legs!), and some cheddar in the fridge. So I Foodblogsearch'ed apple and cheddar, and came up with Apple, Pecan & Cheddar Muffins with Apple Cider Frosting from Vanilla Sugar.















I replaced the 4T of buttermilk with about double the amount of thick Greek yogurt, and didn't do the frosting - no buttermilk, cream cheese, or apple cider currently in my fridge, and I feel too crappy to go to the store. And I left out the pecans, because I'm either out, or couldn't find them.

These are delicious. I didn't taste the cheddar, but I blame that on a combination of my stupid virus and my supermarket cheese. What I did taste was soft sweet apples and yummy spices. And now I'm bemoaning my lack of cream cheese, because I'm sure they'd be even more delicious with cider-spiked frosting on top.

This one stays bookmarked so I can do it justice in the future (and hopefully get a decent picture).

3 comments:

Betts said...

I'll go to the store and get cream cheese for you if you give me a muffin. Yum!

kat said...

The combination certainly sounds good together

Vicki said...

Betts - You're so sweet, I'll give you a half dozen :)

Kat - I'm going to have to try again when I can taste stuff (and get some killer cheese).