Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Garlic

I had purchased a couple parsnips for a soup that I never ended up making. Every time I opened the veggie drawer, I was reminded of their presence. It seemed like they were looking at me, trying to make me feel guilty for not using them.

So the other night I made my parsnips' dreams come true, roasting them with carrots to accompany my zesty chicken.

Oh, parsnips, how could I have forgotten about you? Your earthiness, your sweetness, all bathed in garlic. I love you. (Carrots, I love you too).

Roasted Carrots and Parsnips:

Cut carrots and parsnips into 2-3" lengths, then in half or in quarters as necessary, to achieve even-sized pieces. Toss them with olive oil, a small amount of garlic powder, kosher salt, a little paprika, and a ton of black pepper. Roast for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, and toss the roasted veggies with some sautéed garlic.

Stumble Upon Toolbar


Darius T. Williams said...

This looks great - roasting veggies is my absolute favorite!


Vicki said...

Hey Darius -
Thanks! My favorite way too, I love the sweetness and the caramelization.

Betts said...

Mmmm, I can almost smell them.

Vicki said...

Hey Betts - You probably can, I used enough garlic to carry across the country!