Saturday, June 7, 2008


See my beautiful peach tree?

See all the lovely peaches?

Don't you just want to reach out a take a bite?

Don't. They don't taste good. I don't know what happened, but this is the 2nd year that my peaches have ripened way too early (they're only about 2 inches in diameter), and have absolutely no flavor. Anybody have any hints?

Stumble Upon Toolbar


Kitt said...

Wow, that is early! (Just checked my blog for when my neighbors' peaches were ripe last year: It was early August! I didn't think you were that far ahead, climate-wise, but I guess you are.)

Vicki said...

Hi Kitt -
It makes me miss the more northern latitudes - I'd rather have snow than yucky peaches any day!

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Whoa! My nectarines look like little fuzzy almonds. No where near that big!

Vicki said...

Hi WC -
Big, yes. Tasty, no. I'm sad.

Tanya Kristine said...

my peaches are still the size of golf balls...i don't think they're gonna make it. :(

Vicki said...

Hi Tanya -
Hope yours turn out better than mine!