Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Food & Wine, May 2008

These are the recipes that look yummy (to me, anyway) from the May 2008 issue of Food & Wine. Will I make any of them? Probably not, unfortunately. I have about 100 cookbooks, of which I've cooked from about 15, only 3 or 4 regularly. And I recently got rid of most of my back-issues of Saveur and Food & Wine because they were just taking up space. I'd love to make use of the paper in my kitchen, but the Internet is just so much easier these days. Anyhow, on to the list of things I want to make but probably won't:

Tangy Twice-Cooked Eggplants with Red Peppers
Grilled Mortadella and Robiola Packets
Chickpea-Chile Flatbreads
Shrimp and Noodle Salad with Ginger Dressing
Glazed Japanese Beef and Scallion Rolls

If anybody out there (all three four of you (who are you #4? (I love nested parentheticals (what, you don't?)))) makes any of the above, please let me know. If it's good, I'll make it too (I promise!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be trying the beef and scallion rolls, probably next weekend. This weekend is booked with a trip to the butcher for pork bellies, pork loins and sous.

KirkK said...

100 Cookbooks! Sheesh, if you made a dish from each one, that would be 3 months plus.....

Anonymous said...

We've a lot more than 100 cookbooks, we have more than 150 linear feet of cookbook shelves and Bon Appetit and Gourmet both go back to 1980 at least.

We have 3 different editions of The Joy of Cooking.

Vicki said...

I should clarify that about 10 of my cookbooks are in languages that I can't read.

Let me know how the beef & scallion rolls turn out!