Friday, July 11, 2008

Another Kitchen Injury

Hubby and MIL both wanted banana muffins, so I made these Banana Crumb Muffins. Tasty!

However, when reaching into the oven to retrieve my stupidly floppy silicone muffin trays, my arm hit the top of the oven.





















I've never had a burn like this before, with untouched skin inside and outside of a ring-shaped burn. Then there's the redness surrounding the ring, which couldn't have touched the oven, it was probably just from close proximity to blazing hot oven walls.

I think I could start a separate blog just to chronicle my injuries.

2 comments:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Your last accident was pretty recent too! At least it doesn't hurt anymore right?

I still have a scar from my pho burn. Seriously, it's a wonder I cook considering how clumsy I am.

Vicki said...

The wrist bruise is completely gone, and this burn never really hurt beyond the 1st 30 minutes.

I think scars and cooking go hand-in-hand. I don't mind, they build character :-)