Friday, July 25, 2008

Bacon Wrapped Pineapple and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chiles

Geez could I have a longer title?

I saw Pioneer Woman's post on how to cut up a pineapple, and was immediately tempted by the picture of stuffed jalapeƱos. I ran to my garden and picked the 3 biggest jalapeƱos from my garden, which were still awfully small. And I picked a bunch of serranos.















The chiles were cut in half and seeded, then stuffed with cream cheese. Do you know how difficult it is to stuff a chile that's only 1/2 inch long?















The chiles were topped with a small piece of pineapple, then wrapped in a small strip of bacon. I baked them on a rack over a foil-lined pan (to catch the grease, you know, 'cause bacon fires suck) for about 20 minutes at 375.















Did I mention what a pain in the ass this is when your chiles are tiny?















But you know what? Absolutely worth it. They were gone in 5 minutes.

2 comments:

Krizia said...

Oh my gosh, these look amazing! I don't eat pork, so do you think it'd be okay to use turkey bacon? Or would that be an abomination to this recipe :O

Vicki said...

Hey Krizia -
By all means use turkey bacon, although they might cook quicker because of the lower fat content.