Potentially tasty treats from the October issue of Food & (mostly) Wine:
- Lamb Tagine with Green Olives and Lemon - I am so craving autumn right now. I might have to schedule a trip to Seattle to have this dish at Union.
- Seared Scallops with Bacon-Braised Chard - Scallops. Bacon. Need I say more? Oh, chard's nice too.
- Reblochon Tarts with Bacon and Fingerling Potatoes - If I added duck fat somehow, would that make it overly decadent?
- Sauvignon Blanc-Steamed Mussels with Garlic Toasts - Because I love all of the ingredients.
- Roasted Lobsters with Verjus and Taragon - I typically prefer crab, finding lobster too tough, but maybe that's not the lobster's fault? Now to get my hands on some verjus...
- Grappa-Cured Striped Bass - although I'd probably leave out the fennel seeds, 'cause I hate 'em. Sounds like gravlax, only bassier.