Thursday, September 4, 2008

What to do with barbecue leftovers?

You make a sandwich, of course!

I took a 4-inch piece of baguette and cut it in half, scooping out some of the insides because I like to taste the filling, not just the bread.

Then I reheated some of the pork ribs and steak barbecue from our Labor Day meat-fest.

I made a coleslaw loosely based on this recipe from Kristin at The Kitchen Sink - I say loosely because I used mayonnaise instead of buttermilk, didn't measure anything, and only made enough to top my mini-sandwich.

Assembly: Bread, barbecue, slaw, dip the top bread in the sauce from the barbecue, and place on top.

I'm happy.

Stumble Upon Toolbar


kat said...

Oh yeah, we'll be having leftover bbq brisket sandwiches here today, its the best way to use leftovers

Vicki said...

Hi Kat -
Sometimes the leftovers are better than the original :)