Thursday, September 4, 2008

What to do with barbecue leftovers?

You make a sandwich, of course!

I took a 4-inch piece of baguette and cut it in half, scooping out some of the insides because I like to taste the filling, not just the bread.

Then I reheated some of the pork ribs and steak barbecue from our Labor Day meat-fest.

I made a coleslaw loosely based on this recipe from Kristin at The Kitchen Sink - I say loosely because I used mayonnaise instead of buttermilk, didn't measure anything, and only made enough to top my mini-sandwich.

Assembly: Bread, barbecue, slaw, dip the top bread in the sauce from the barbecue, and place on top.

I'm happy.

2 comments:

kat said...

Oh yeah, we'll be having leftover bbq brisket sandwiches here today, its the best way to use leftovers

Vicki said...

Hi Kat -
Sometimes the leftovers are better than the original :)