Yup, a meme. Bob at Cooking Stuff tagged me, and now I need to list four things I would wish for (fingers crossed) and four resolutions, of the New Years variety.
Fingers crossed is easy:
1. My Oldest gets her sh&t together.
2. I don't lose my house. I'm currently upside-down, as is my smile :(
3. My family and friends, especially my adopted mom, stay and/or get healthy.
4. I win the lottery (hey, that would help with #2, right?).
I don't do New Year's resolutions - 1) I don't like to set myself up for disappointment, and 2) Why wait for a New Year? If you want to change something in your life, do it. Don't risk waiting 11 months.
I told a coworker that I resolved not to make any New Year's resolutions, and by doing so, I had immediately failed, and he told me that was an "unenterable paradigm". True. (And his comment confirmed my opinion that he's a bigger dork than I.)
So...if I were to make resolutions:
1. Finally pick one language to learn fluently instead of random bits and pieces of 20 different ones.
2. Finish Dante's Inferno. I've been trying for about 10 years.
3. Cook my way through (at least a little!) my 100ish cookbooks and 499 bookmarked recipes.
4. And finally, like Bob, try not to be so negative. It doesn't bother me much, but it seems to piss off the people around me.
I don't tag as a rule, so feel free to participate if you'd like.