Friday, January 30, 2009

Cheddar and Avocado Muffins

Michele over at Life, Lightly Salted recently posted her Cheddar and Avocado Muffins. Bake avocado? Why not?

I had just received about 20 baby avocados from a friend, and needed to find ways to use them up. These muffins sounded perfect.





















What is it about me and baby produce, seriously?





















(And what's up with Blogger rotating my pictures 90 degrees without my asking? How rude.)

Update, 7/30/09 regarding 90degree rotation: I've found that if you open your picture in your picture viewer, rotate it, save it, rotate it back, save it, THEN upload it to Blogger, it doesn't get rotated.

I used onion instead of shallot, since that's what I had. I (astonishingly) didn't add any garlic :)


















They turned out great!

Thanks, Michele, for a keeper recipe.

8 comments:

Bob said...

... no garlic? How unique. ;)

They look awesome! I just recently got into avocados, I'll have to try these.

Vicki said...

Hey Bob - I'm allergic to the damn things, but they taste soooo good :)

Michele said...

I'm so glad that you got a chance to make my cheddar avocado muffins...and that you enjoyed them. :)

Vicki said...

Hi Michele - They were great! Thanks for the recipe.

Hi Ben - They sure do!

test it comm said...

I like the sound of using avocados in savoury muffins.

Vicki said...

Hey Kevin - I like the taste better than the sound :)

MaryBeth said...

These muffins sound very interesting and look very good. I hope you do try my Chicken & Dumplings..let me know how it turns out and what you think.

Vicki said...

Hey MaryBeth - Muffin credit goes to Michele at Life, Lightly Salted. Chicken & Dumplings are in the queue!