Monday, January 19, 2009

Twice Baked Red Potatoes with Feta and Green Onion

I love potatoes. I love feta. Why not combine them?















Twice Baked Red Potatoes with Feta and Green Onion

red potatoes (Russet would work too)
olive oil
feta
green onion
minced garlic
salt & pepper

Coat the whole potatoes with a little olive oil, poke with a fork a few times, and bake on a sheet or directly on the oven rack at 350 for about an hour. Let cool a little, then cut in half lengthwise, and scoop out the insides, leaving about a 1/4" shell.

Mix the potato innards with some crumbled feta, minced garlic, and chopped green onion, seasoning with salt and pepper. Stuff this back into the potato skins, and place in a lightly oiled baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350, until the skins are crispy, and the tops start browning.
Delicious. And that's all I have to say about that.

5 comments:

Judy@nofearentertaining said...

Look delicious! Must try adding feta sometime!

Bob said...

Looks good to me and I'm not even a big feta fan! :D

Vicki said...

Hi Judy & Bob! My favorite in twice-baked is Gruyere or Emmenthaler, but the feta was a nice twist!

Anonymous said...

Sounds nice.. I'd be torn between choosing olive oil or butter for this :)

Vicki said...

Hi Jude - Try a little of both! :)