Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I've Been Tagged, with a Brief Mention of Food

Betts over at Damn Yankee tagged me in a meme, so here goes:
Here’s what you/I have to do:

1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late, and you can't go digging through the bowels of your closet for the cutest bag you have. So what if it's ugly; we'll love you anyway. It should be the bag you carried today or the last time you left the house.

2) Tell us how much it cost. Go ahead, and slay us with your frugality and your ability to grab a good deal. Or if you decided to pony up a lot of money, good for you, girl... you deserve it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I’d love to hear it.

(3) Tag some of your people. And link back to me, so everyone knows why we're having this little show and tell.
Here's my bag. It's Liz Claiborne, I've had it for a couple-three years, and have no recollection of what it cost, maybe $20, probably at TJ Maxx. I tied a knot in the strap because it was just a little bit too long. (And now I can't find a replacement bag with a long enough strap!)

















Here are the contents:

















Wallet, scrunchy, powder, mirror, eyeshadow, nail file, chapstick, lipstick, eye drops, keys, checkbook, random bits of paper for shopping lists. Also my phone and a little case for my flash drive and SD memory card reader. And no, I didn't clean it out prior to the pic, I have to keep it minimal because the (new) wallet's so damn big there's no room for anything else.

And, since this is a food blog, here's some spaghetti.

















And here are some jalapenos poached in olive oil.

7 comments:

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Haha, nice work. No way I can ever be tagged for this, I obviously don't carry a purse/bag!

Vicki said...

Hey PBBoy - How about a gym bag? Oh, wait, never mind, I definitely don't want to see the contents of any man's gym bag...

Kitt said...

Does the food fit in the bag, too?

Unknown said...

Love this meme - lol...and the spaghetti.

Vicki said...

Hey Kitt - That would be slightly messy :)

Hi Darius - Memes are always good for a diversion :)

Betts said...

You're looking chic with all your black accessories.

Vicki said...

Hi Betts - Chic wasn't the goal, it's just that black is the easiest to match stuff to :)