Sunday, January 6, 2008

Post #58 - Electronic Nightmare

In the last 24 hours, both my laptop and my digital camera have taken a dump.

So, no more pictures for a while.

What's more frustrating is that (since I'm dumb and haven't backed up in a year and a half) all of my recipes and wish-list-books are gone. I must have had at least 200 recipes that I took the time to convert to a Word document, formatted the way I like it, inserted a picture or 2...everything organized according to vegetarian or non, subdivided into baked goods, soups, etc. All gone.

And my last backup disk (from June of 2006!) got corrupted, and the recipe folder is empty. At least I have most of my pictures. My husband's brother is going to try to retrieve the files from the hard drive (which Mr. Dead-Laptop cannot detect), but I'm not holding my breath. I'm starting to think that the days of pen & paper weren't so bad after all.

Piss.

No comments: