Monday, January 7, 2008

Post #59 - Spanakopita Galette

I made spanakopita for the first time yesterday - loved 'em. This not-having-a-camera-thing is really going to tick me off. I could've had some lovely pictures...but anyway...

When I got bored with rolling up little pouches, I decided to take the rest of the phyllo and filling and make a galette. A galette is like a pie with no top crust, but with an oversized bottom crust that folds up & over the filling part way. Apple is typical. Check out Smitten Kitchen for a butternut squash and caramelized onion one.

So instead of apples or butternut squashes, I used my spanakopita filling, and phyllo instead of pie crust.

But...

My husband refused to eat it because "it's a galette and I want spanakopita".

Can I slap him?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't give an opinion on the slapping question, but I will say that I think a spanakopita galette is a very cool idea. :-)

Vicki said...

Hi Ann - It's amazing how something born of laziness could taste so good!