Monday, January 14, 2008

Post #64 - General Tso's Chicken

I made General Tso's Chicken last night, using Blazing Hot Wok's recipe, served with spicy braised baby bok choy, and white rice.

I kind of forgot about the sauce on the back of the stove for a while, so it almost bubbled over reduced a little too much, and I thought the final dish was a little too salty because of it.

And you should've seen my kitchen when I was done - pots, bowls, cutting boards and spoons everywhere, dribbles of batter and sauce and oil on almost every surface.

But overall, it was a success, and I'm definitely going to make it again.

Hubby said "I want you to make this every night." I said "Sure, if you wash the dishes."

2 comments:

test it comm said...

General Tso's chicken sounds pretty tasty.

Vicki said...

It was extremely tasty! I subbed sriracha for the sambal oelek, a little too much I think - thank god for rice & beer to cut the heat.