Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Post #66 - Foglie d'Autunno

I so wish my camera was working. Not because this dish was particularly photogenic (actually, it most definitely was not). But because then I could show you a picture of the pasta I used, rather than using this photo I took from MSN's shopping site:




















I used a different brand, whose name I forget, but it was the same multi-colored happiness. I had some pasta left over, so you may want to increase the amounts of everything else. The pasta itself was texturally pleasing, and although I didn't notice any flavor imparted by the different colors, they were still nice to look at.

Foglie d'Autunno with Zucchini

1 package foglie d'autunno pasta
2 zucchini, cut in sticks about 2" by 1/4-1/2"
1 tomato rescued from the back of your veggie drawer, seeded and chopped
some diced onion
minced garlic clove
some broth
grated parmesan or romano or whatever
red pepper flakes

Set water to boil. Boil your pasta until done, saving some of the starchy water.

Meanwhile, sauté onion, then garlic, then tomato. Throw in the zucchini, some hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook it until the zucchini's almost where you want it, and the tomato isn't recognizable.

Add a cup or so of pasta water and some broth, and the grated cheese. At this point I also added some spinach leaves I had torn up. OK, but I'm not sure I'd do it again. Cook & stir until the sauce reduces & gets absorbed by the pasta.

Serve with more grated cheese and hot pepper flakes.

No comments: