Monday, May 12, 2008

Cinnamon Bread

Rarely do I make something the day I find the recipe, but in the case of Kevin's Cinnamon Bread, I felt I had no choice. Doesn't it look delicious?

Actually having all the ingredients was a factor, too. Yeah, I know, everyone has butter, sugar, flour, etc. But I always seem to have about a 1/4 cup too little flour, one too few eggs. This time I was in business.

The house smelled wonderful while it was baking. It was hard to wait. I take that back, it wasn't hard to wait, because I don't like the taste of half-baked bread. Let's just say, waiting sucked.

But holy crap was it worth it. The cinnamon and brown sugar melted into ooey gooey goodness, and the layer on top was satisfyingly crunchy. I will definitely make this again.

5 comments:

Krizia said...

Awww! Is there anyway you can post pictures next time of the things you cook? I know they're provided in the links, but if possible, it would be cool to see how yours turned out.

Vicki said...

Hi Krizia -
I'd love to post pictures, but my camera died, and I've got a couple other purchases to pay off (new stove, new roof) before I can get a new one. I hate being financially responsible :-)

test it comm said...

Wow, that was quick!! I am glad that you liked it. I really enjoyed it as well.

Vicki said...

Hi Kevin -
The only thing quicker was how fast it disappeared! I'm already hearing "When are you going to make that bread again?"

Krizia said...

aww! congrats on the new household additions though! I mean...you can't cook without a stove and a roof, right? ;)